THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Assignment #5- Its Really Cold BRR



There are some pros and cons about winter.
For me though there are way more cons then pros.
Winter is very hard for Canadians living in Canada. We have to deal with the harsh weather every year, and it feels like its getting even worse every year. This past 3 weeks was one of the worse winters I've experienced, its was so cold that exposed skin will get a frostbite within a 10 minute time period. That sound really bad. I do know that winter will not be going anywhere so we have to try our best to stay warm and fight through the struggle.
The First Canadian settlers have been through a lot during the winters back then. They had to cut their own wood for warmth an food. They spent hours in the cold just doing that and now we have fireplaces in our house we don't even bother going outside. Its amazing how they can be so brave. I know for sure I wouldn't be able to do that, I can't even go outside and shuffle the snow.

I was born in Canada so I'm kind of use to the cold weather. My parents came to North America when they were around 16. They said their first winter was quite the experience. My dad said he loved winter because her thought it was beautiful looking and my mother said she strongly disliked it. I found that she disliked winter so much when she wore 7 layers when going outside...Yeah I was shocked to. I like winter because of how it looks from a window it's so pretty..but when you step outside that's when the hate starts. Other then that winter can be cool. :)

0 comments: